A commonly accepted definition for a technician is “a person whose job is keeping a particular type of equipment or machinery in good condition”. A mechanic can therefore be seen as a labourer who can fix things, but a technician generally has a more detailed, technical knowledge of how things work, but who can also work as a mechanic. Trail and Tar is proud to have the three following technicians looking after your bicycles: Joel, Emanuel and Matt. Mali, our bike wash wizard has been keeping our customers bikes spotless since we opened doors
Book your service now by contacting our store manager:
Phone: +27 (0)21 712 1781
Trail and Tar Workshop pricelist
Bike Wash and Lube: R120
• Wash & Lube
• Check and set gears
• Check brakes
• Check tyre wear and pressure
• As per PDI
• Replace ALL cables and housing (Extra Charge)
• Check replace and set brakes Replace parts if required (Extra Charge)
• Reset Barrel adjusters, Front & Rear Derailleur, straighten hanger.
• Replace Gear Parts if required i.e Chains, Cass, J wheels.
• Inspect Tyre pressure, ware, tubes or Sealant Level
Major Service: R700.00
• All points covered in Standard Service.
• Remove, clean, grease and refit H-set or replace (Extra Charge).
• Remove, clean, grease and refit Bottom Bracket or replace(Extra Charge).
• True, balance wheels and replace broken spokes (Max 3).
• Remove, clean and re-grease pedal threads.
• Check and adjust Fork and shock, lube and reset lockout.
Supa Service: R1500.00
• All points covered in Major Service.
• Hub Service (Both)
• Pivot Service.
• Lower Leg fork Service.